|Place of birth||Yea, Victoria|
|School||Brunswick State School Melbourne, Victoria|
|Age at embarkation||22|
|Next of kin||Mrs C B McGillivray, 236 Sydney Road, Brunswick, Victoria|
|Rank on enlistment||Private|
|Unit name||7th Battalion, A Company|
|AWM Embarkation Roll number||23/24/1|
|Embarkation details||Unit embarked from Melbourne, Victoria, on board Transport A20 Hororata on
|Rank from Nominal Roll||Private|
|Unit from Nominal Roll||7th Battalion|
|Fate||Killed in Action
|Place of death or wounding||Not Known|
|Age at death||23|
|Age at death from cemetery records||23|
|Place of burial||No known grave|
|Commemoration details||The Lone Pine Memorial (Panel 29), Gallipoli, Turkey
The Lone Pine Memorial, situated in the Lone Pine Cemetery at Anzac, is the main Australian Memorial on Gallipoli, and one of four memorials to men of the New Zealand Expeditionary Force. Designed by Sir John Burnet, the principal architect of the Gallipoli cemeteries, it is a thick tapering pylon 14.3 metres high on a square base 12.98 metres wide. It is constructed from limestone mined at Ilgardere in Turkey.
The Memorial commemorates the 3268 Australians and 456 New Zealanders who have no known grave and the 960 Australians and 252 New Zealanders who were buried at sea after evacuation through wounds or disease. The names of New Zealanders commemorated are inscribed on stone panels mounted on the south and north sides of the pylon, while those of the Australians are listed on a long wall of panels in front of the pylon and to either side. Names are arranged by unit and rank.
The Memorial stands over the centre of the Turkish trenches and tunnels which were the scene of heavy fighting during the August offensive. Most cemeteries on Gallipoli contain relatively few marked graves, and the majority of Australians killed on Gallipoli are commemorated here.
|Panel number, Roll of Honour,|
Australian War Memorial
|Miscellaneous information from|
|Killed in action 25th April, 1915. Parents: Donald and Caroline Bryce MCGILLIVRAY. Native of Victoria|